clue, Juno

Day 6: The ravening horde

This is what goes on every twenty minutes or so. I love how careful the moms are to scooch in without crushing babies. I was in the end of the box where they usually hop over, which is why you see me helping the moms over – they were like “Hey, where do we jump in?”

• Reply Meriwether August 26, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Sheesh. It’s like 101 Dalmatians in there.

• Reply K.B. August 26, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Oh my! I cannot believe how comfortable they are with each other!

• Reply priscilla August 26, 2011 at 5:06 pm

oh my goodness!! Clue is cleaning up after Juno cleans the same pup .. this is simply amazing how they are co-parenting…..what a site for you all to witness!!! Its unbelievable how gentle and tender this scene is..

• Reply Lawren August 26, 2011 at 6:23 pm

It is so amazing how well Clue and Juno work together. The cuteness! The puppy pile!

• Reply nancy and david itkin August 26, 2011 at 7:38 pm

All families should get along so well! Beautiful!

• Reply Kaye Graham August 26, 2011 at 8:06 pm

These are the best baby mamas EVER.

• Reply priscilla August 26, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I seriously could watch this all day , third time so far..I do not know how your getting anything done… Those wiggle behinds and wonderful caring mama’s are a sight to behold~~ Nature at it best right there~ .oh how wish i could spend the day filming or staring in amazement.. blessing to you!

• Reply Priscilla Petty Babbitt August 26, 2011 at 8:09 pm

unbelievable what you have going on up there… so awesome to watch from the video, i wish i were therd in person to see this miracle take place!

• Reply Priscilla Petty Babbitt August 26, 2011 at 9:18 pm

i guess that Merle is the pick of everybody..he sure stands out in the crowd… <3 him, wish i was in the running for another pup.. i dont suppose you ever have enough of these darling dogs..in my opinion, but then i dont have a life outside of my dogs and family!

• Reply Erin August 27, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Do the pups prefer to nurse from their own momma when they are all in there together, or do they just go to whoever is closest? I am fascinated by this!

• Reply rufflyspeaking August 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm

No, they totally don’t care. And the moms don’t care either. It’s just nab whoever is closest. I will sometimes move a puppy over if I know he or she hasn’t eaten well and needs a fuller mommy, or if I know it’s a puppy who is in a diva mood and won’t have the patience to wait for Clue to let her milk down (she is a little harder to get milk from), but most of the time it’s just the chaos you can see on the video. There’s some secret smell that a puppy has who needs to be piddled, because the first thing they both do is check everyone’s bottom – but they only lick the ones who need it. They don’t care if it’s “their” puppy. I think that’s why Clue and Juno are so relaxed now that they’re together; before they could hear puppies but couldn’t get to them and they were impatient with some perceived lack of good care. Now they busily do each other’s work and stay much more calm.