General

Save the date, everybody: Oct 15

The Big Fat Welsh Puppy Eval Party is set – October 15 (Saturday) 1:00 PM to whenever I throw you out after dark. Come cuddle puppies, give me your opinions, and eat some good hot chili and cold cider.

I really do mean everybody – if you’re in the New England area, are a breeder or a trainer or want to know more about Cardigans and you want to come, COME. Drop me a line so I know how many pots of soup to make, but this is very much an Open House and I want to meet you.

Local puppy buyers, we’ve probably talked about this, but come early if you want to see the evaluation process. Come later in the day if you don’t want to bite your fingernails as people measure the millimeters between a puppy’s elbow and his ribbing.

My house is small, but we’ll all find places to perch a bowl and cuddle a puppy – goodness knows there are enough to go around.

See you there!

• Reply Erin Strobel September 30, 2011 at 9:20 am

Oh, I REALLY want to come. Can’t you just do a world tour?! Everyone around me lately has been doing puppy evals during the week when I can’t go (darn job!). I still haven’t seen puppy evals yet, and it’s vital for me to see some Aussie ones soon so I know how the heck to look at those little 8 week old things!!

• Reply K.B. September 30, 2011 at 11:18 am

Hrmmm… 8.5 hour drive there, a few hours eating soup and snuggling puppies, 8.5 hour drive back (with potty breaks for the puppy I smuggled out…).

Sigh.

• Reply Leila September 30, 2011 at 12:02 pm

We’ll be there! It’ll be me and my lovely sister coming to roll around in the pile of puppies and learn from the wisdom of the crowd (of evaluators). 🙂 By early, do you mean the evals start at 1:00? Or before 1:00?

• Reply Olivia September 30, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Aw :c Stupid Florida.

• Reply Olivia September 30, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Would you consider doing a live stream of the evals? Cheeky request, I know. But I’m needy.

• Reply Ron September 30, 2011 at 6:27 pm

There bloody-well better be youtube videos posted within 24 hour! Moth’s public demands it!

• Reply Ruth September 30, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Gosh I wish I was closer!

• Reply miss elizabeth September 30, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Am I the only one considering plane tickets for this?

Sigh…

• Reply Ron September 30, 2011 at 6:26 pm

No, Miss Elizabeth, you are not alone. Let’s see: Fly to LA out of Vancouver at 6:30 on Friday evening. Red-eye to Cleveland. Change to a flight that gets to Boston at 9:30. How long will it take to drive? Back on the plane at 6:00 am Sunday – I guess I’ll sleep in the rental car. Fly through San Francisco. A mere $680, including the car.

Ummmmm. Maybe I’ll just stay home and play with Radar and Dixie.

• Reply Sue September 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Of course we’ll be there never mind that it is a 24 hour drive from Minneapolis to get to you! Lucy’s grandson and great grandaughter will also be along for the ride. It should make for an interesting trip.

• Reply Lawren September 30, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Oh I wish I lived closer! Seattle is just so far away from a lot of things.

• Reply Kathy Glover October 1, 2011 at 8:19 am

Count me and Jim in. I have really been wanting to see these pups in person, have loved your posts and articles. Would it be okay to bring Valentine? If not, will come alone most likely. Will bring wheat free something!

• Reply Amanda October 1, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Hi, I’m Amanda. A friend of mine on FB (from out in Montana!) posted a link to your blog on her page and I’ve been hooked for the past three months. Between the puppies made of fluff and cute and your well written blog posts, it’s hard to stay away! I’ve been infatuated with this breed for a long time but have no experience or knowledge on them, so reading along has truly been a learning experience! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful four leggeds with the world and giving us a behind-the-scenes look into being a responsible, ethical breeder!

I also found it really cool that you’re just in NH — I live in central MA, work on the border of NH, and am regularly in southern NH. My company has a store in Plaistow (Dover Saddlery). Needless to say, I’m currently VERY tempted to make an appearance at the puppy party!!

• Reply rufflyspeaking October 2, 2011 at 1:18 am

You should totally come! Bring your camera! And how cool that you work for Dover Saddlery; I’ve been going there since I was a kid and it was the single State Line Tack store.

• Reply Amanda October 2, 2011 at 2:06 am

You know what? I think I will! Count me in 🙂 My new lens needs breaking in and getting a few noseprints on it won’t hurt ;D Excited to meet you and your crew!

Dover’s a neat company to work for. State Line actually used to be owned by the guy who now is the president of Dover, which is part of the reason Dover took over the State Line store. It’s definitely a neat job!