Juno

Available: Puck!

This is a VERY special puppy. He’s absolutely a star. He’s balanced, confident, always has something in his mouth, and is sure he can do anything.

He’s quickly losing all his face white and I don’t think there’s going to be any left by the time he’s an adult. With his mask and dense brindle he’s going to look like he’s got a completely black head.

Aside from his unique markings he’s very square and moderate everywhere. He’s super cool-looking but structurally he’s got no extremes. He is the kind of dog that will go forever.

Puck’s dating profile:

Size: Average, with moderate bone. That doesn’t mean moderate-as-in-a-code-word-for-light-or-weak. It means he’s built correctly and right in the middle. The bone is nice and round but it’s not heavy.

Coat: Short and plush. He’ll have a lot of undercoat and thickness as an adult. No curls. Dense black pigment.

Show? Why waste him on the ring, seriously. He’d never be an embarrassment in the ring; he’s got no disqualifying or even serious faults. But you’d be fighting to finish a dog with those markings and this size, and he’d so much rather be out pushing stock around.

Performance? YES. IN CAPITAL LETTERS. He’s moderate enough to do agility but he could do anything. He’s the kind of puppy I’d fight to put in a thinking home; SAR or similar. I’d give you a huge discount for that kind of placement. Farm dog? Absolutely.

Breeding? No, he’d come on limited registration, though he does not need to be neutered. He’s the kind of “failure” I am fighting to produce – lacking the extremes of type that would make him a breeding prospect but with a fantastic mind and a sound body built for work.

Puck is looking for a temporary puppy-socializer home even if you aren’t looking for a forever puppy. I would love to have him in his real home so they can start training now, but I for sure don’t want him sitting around not being exposed to stuff. If you’re reasonably local and would like to cuddle him for a few weeks, let me know.

• Reply Colleen M October 22, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Man I wish I was closer to be a temporary puppy socializer. I would do that in a heartbeat. Hope he lands a wonderful working home.

• Reply Beth October 22, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I LOVE love love the personality it sounds like Puck has, and it’s just the type of dog I like, but with two dogs and a cat and a job and yard, I’m just lacking the time to add another performance prospect.

• Reply Ruth October 22, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Damn, if I was closer…..

• Reply priscilla babbitt October 22, 2011 at 7:00 pm

my sentiments exactly , Ruth!

• Reply Ruth October 22, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I don’t have the money to take him permenently, even if I could work hm properly, but I’d adore to have him for a week or two. But its a far enough drive…..sigh

• Reply priscilla babbitt October 22, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Yes so many of us already have our plates full and im included , but id take him in a heart beat to socialize for two weeks…If only i didnt live in South TX. darnet!

• Reply Laurel October 23, 2011 at 1:14 pm

If you got possessed by some sort of crazy that made you want to fly him to California for a couple of weeks, we’d be all over the puppy socializing. ….back to trying to find a friend who needs a puppy…..

• Reply Beth October 23, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I just LOVE pushy dogs with a sense of humor who don’t like to be told “no.” *sigh* I’ve already got one like that. I hope Puck finds a GREAT home with a wonderful owner whose sense of humor is the equal to his.

• Reply amanda October 24, 2011 at 9:16 am

uh, is canada reasonably close? lol

seriously. SO PERFECT.

sigh.

• Reply Ron October 24, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Canada is reasonably close. About 3.5 hours to the border, and another 2 hours to Montreal Airport. Sadly, not at all close to your part of Canada, Amanda.

• Reply Ann October 24, 2011 at 12:37 pm

*moves so that she can snuggle Puck for a few weeks*