puppies

Oh yes, we’ve got puppies (with New! Photo Proof!)

At two weeks they’re still just hamsters, but we managed to get them to at least open their eyes for you all! Above is Handsome George, big tri boy.

Bianca (with Honour hands) – either really dark brindle or black girl. Mostly impossible to take pictures of.

Corduroy, one of the little guys. Born at 9 oz and then lost a ton, and had to struggle a bit to get it back. Doing great now and getting nice and chubby. He’s a dark brindle with just a few stripes, and a big fat white blaze.
Despereaux! We’re pretty sure he’s a black and white – sometimes when you have super dark brindles like we got in this litter it’s not obvious for a while, but he’s got some brindling under his tail that we think means he’s a true black.

Despereaux and Monster, to give you a little idea of scale of our wee boy. He’s growing steadily, still making about an ounce or an ounce and a half a day (he broke a pound on day 13, and on day 17 is 1 lb 6 oz), but he’s stil a tiny dude.

Monster with Tabitha. He’s a big, gentle, sweet puppy and is often toted around by the kids and given many kisses.

Hugo, the other big chocolate brindle boy.

Monster by himself. He’s a lovely chocolate brindle guy.

Harold making a break for it. He’s very dark brindle, almost black, with super neat puzzle-piece markings and a lucky spot on the top of his head.

Milo, the other tri boy. Total cutie.

Ramona! The only other girl, lovely dark brindle who is going to end up looking all swirly like her mom. Little narrow blaze and a collar.

Sleepy Chicken. Honorary puppy and socializer extraordinaire. She’s Sticky Feet’s sister and was a baby chick when the Puppygeddon litters were growing up, and was raised with them. She’s totally unafraid of dogs and lets them get deep sniffs and even chew on her without getting worried. Her name is Sleepy Chicken because even as a baby she’d konk out if you held her for any length of time. Lives in our living room and is pretty much a person.

• Reply Micaela Torregrosa-Mahoney March 6, 2012 at 5:10 am

hard to pick a favorite amongst all those gorgeous pups, but I’m currently drooling over Monster’s brindled head!!! You had me at chocolate 😉

• Reply Julie Garland-Powers March 6, 2012 at 6:00 am

They are beautiful! Of course I am partial to swirly Ramona. 🙂

• Reply Joanna Kimball March 6, 2012 at 7:33 am

You two picked my favorites, so you’re doing great so far!

• Reply Sarah Davis March 6, 2012 at 8:02 am

I am also smitten with Harold. Of course I am partial to spot heads!

• Reply Corky Bernie March 6, 2012 at 9:33 am

Hard to pick a favorite… they are all really adorable. Can hardly wait to see their little personalities emerge.

• Reply Susan Whelan Temple March 6, 2012 at 9:40 am

Once again, I hit the like button only because there is no LOVE button. SQUEEEEEEeeeee!

• Reply Julie March 6, 2012 at 6:00 am

they are all gorgeous!!

• Reply Elise March 6, 2012 at 8:49 am

They are beautiful!!

• Reply laura March 6, 2012 at 9:22 am

I want one. Seriously. But I have to buy a house first. Whaaaa!

• Reply Amy March 6, 2012 at 10:03 am

They are such cuties!!! I”m loving these pictures – George and Milo are just too much 🙂

• Reply Jess March 6, 2012 at 11:36 am

Gosh, Monster is still my absolute fav! If he turns out a fluff I think I’m going to die (we’ve got a tri pembroke fluff who’s 5 1/2 months, big, gentle, sweet and attentive guy, they’d be twins). And Ramona, what a gorgeous girl. I’m trying to convince my boyfriend we need a second dog and I hope one day, after so much time spent reading your blog, that we’ll get the chance to get a puppy from you.

• Reply Courtney Fuller March 6, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Absolutely gorgeous pups! If cute could kill, I would have just died from a cute overdose. =)

• Reply Mandi March 6, 2012 at 3:44 pm

The puppies are so cute! My fav is Handsome George!! I just want to scoop him right up and cuddle with him. I’ve been following the blog for a while now and am waiting for the right time to get a puppy, some day I’ll get my cuddle time. For now I’ll have to keep watching your pictures, keep them coming. PS – I hope Daisy Poppy is feeling better 🙂

• Reply rufflyspeaking March 6, 2012 at 6:41 pm

She finally, definitely, REALLY is. As evidenced by the fact that she’s now eating me out of house and home and won’t let me walk through a room if I’m carrying toast. She’s decided calories are her road to recovery, and she means it.

• Reply Jessica March 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm

What sweeties! What I wouldn’t give to be able to adopt one of these lovebugs, but we live in a teensy apartment in Oregon.

I suppose I’ll just have to keep ogling their pictures online and daydreaming. I am so happy to hear that they are all feeling better and on the road to long, healthy lives. 🙂

• Reply Priscilla Petty Babbitt March 6, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Joann im trying to understand , Can a brindle also be called a black and white? Are you saying there are brown brindle’s and black brindle’s?

• Reply Sarah Smith-Falkner March 7, 2012 at 2:14 am

My heart goes out to Despereaux! I always root for the underdog 🙂 You have done as amazing job with these kids. Too cute all of them!

• Reply Joanna Kimball March 7, 2012 at 10:03 am

Sorry – I know the color descriptions get confusing! When a puppy is a tricolor with brindle points (as opposed to tan points) we call them blacks, or black and whites. It’s not the correct description exactly but it’s stuck forever :). We ALSO say “black brindle” or “chocolate brindle” or “red brindle” “light brindle” or “wheaten brindle” for various shades of brindle.

• Reply Priscilla Petty Babbitt March 7, 2012 at 10:39 am

Oh ok thanks thats clear as mud..LOL no really with out seeing in person ill probably not “See it ” but at least ill have an idea . I truly love the brindle’s, all the variation mixed throughout their coat. I guess looking at photos i always thought the black and whites didnt have brindle on them.. Probably because they are so dark.

• Reply priscilla March 7, 2012 at 10:46 am

That pic of monster with Tabitha is priceless, with her glorious hair and the brindle pup .. the look of affection and the thought of all the puppy breath , Oh boy ! What a treat for your kids…Heaven
    I imagine Monster will be swopped up quicker than i can say his name 🙂

• Reply Diane Root March 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Joanna, I love your pictures of your girls, your dogs, all the puppies and reading your posts. I have fallen in love with Cardigan Corgis from seeing them on your blog and website! I’ve loved seeing how you care for Daisy Poppy and her pups, being up all night and having the whole family involved (including Sleepy Chicken, lol). The pictures today really show us how the pups are turning into little individuals and showing their little personalities. Thanks for a peek into your life!

Oh, my favorite picture (among many favorites) is the Corgi running with the ball in his mouth…so enjoying himself/herself.